Time | Location
Nov 20, 2022, 12:30 PM – 4:00 PM GMT+1
TRIBE Yoga Base - Ottensen, Donnerstraße 20, 22763 Hamburg, Germany
Rocket Ashtanga Vinyasa is a style developed by Larry Schultz, a dedicated student of the founder of Ashtanga yoga – Patthabi Jois.
Larry developed Rocket to make the Ashtanga system more accessible to the western body. There is less focus on deep knee flexion (lotus poses) and more focus on strengthening the deep core in a functional and therapeutic way.
The Rocket sequences are set routines that offer a foundation for creativity to be built upon. Rocket draws inspiration from pilates, calisthenics, and modern functional understanding of the body.
The Rocket Sequences (1,2&3) are full of forward folds, back bends, spinal twists, hip openers, and core strengthening exercises to create a well-balanced and uplifting sequence of postures that opens the body and clears the mind.
It is a fun and challenging flow with preparation for handstands and arm balances throughout.
Arm Balance & Trantisitions
In the first part of our workshop, we'll be breaking down specific transitions including:
- Bakasana into Kakasana
- Floats into Handstand
- Bakasana into Astavakrasana
- Parsva Bakasana into Koundiyasana A&B
- Pincha Mayurasana into Vrschikasana
We'll take time with entries and exits, as also modifications and how to use props to make them accessible to all.
Join us for a 120 Minute Rocket Vinyasa class focused on Backbends, Twists, and full of playful transitions and adding inversions throughout the practice. This class is formed by introducing modification into the second series of Ashtanga Yoga as it involves:
- Techniques of backbends and spinal twists of seated poses of Ashtanga intermediate yoga series.
- Poses like Bakasana and Supta Vajrasana are majorly involved in the second series of the Rocket.
- This series is an energy booster that acts complementary to the first series.
- Incorporating transitions from Side Crow, play around with backbends.
We'll have time to have a 15-minute break, where you may shoot in all the questions that arise.
We'll be happy to see you on the mat!